The University of Tennessee Foundation strives for transparency. Article IV of the Foundation’s Affiliation Agreement states that:
- Minutes of open Foundation Board meetings are available here.
- The Foundation will create an annual report (electronic or written).
- The Foundation will annually present a report to the University Board of Trustees.
- The Foundation will file an IRS 990 report and meet all applicable requirements.
- Employer Identification Number (EIN): 62-1844686
All full board meetings of the Foundation will be open to the public except for executive sessions that shall include but not be limited to the following matters: litigation; audits or investigations; human resource issues; gift acceptance deliberations; board training; governance; donor strategy sessions; and security measures.
- The University of Tennessee Investment Office oversees the investment strategy for the Consolidated Investment Pool.