EFFECTIVE: 10/26/2018 · REVISED: 5/18/2022
Audience: Event Admin
If the event registration is handled outside of Encompass (ex. Eventbrite), an event admin can create a landing page that links to the third-party registration and have it display on the alumni website’s event calendar.
Log into Encompass at your site below. If you’re unsure of the email address associated with your login, email [email protected].
Click Content and navigate to the event calendar on the alumni website.
Adding an Event
Click the Create New Event icon. You will now see a pop-up called Events – Create Event.
- Enter Event Name.
- Select Event Listing(s). This dictates if and where an event displays on the website. Note: Choose Event No Display while building the registration so it isn’t public.
- Enter Custom URL (if needed).
- Enter event Start/End Date.
- Skip Upload an image.
- Select Event Type — Event with Detail Page (No Registration of RSVP).
- Select Detail Page Layout — *2018 Event or Virtual Event (external).
- Check the box “Create content as unique page”.
- Enter short Event Preview text. Two to three sentences should be sufficient. This will appear on the events calendar page.
- Enter full text in the Event Description for the event landing page; built into the layout are formatted date and time, a button to link to the external website; and a note indicating that the event is hosted by the UTAA (Virtual Event only). Refer to sample HTML or existing event pages for formatting examples. Click Next.
Once on the landing page, the registration button will need to be updated—
- On the toolbar, click View Mode > Layout Edit.
- Hover over the registration button until the area turns green, click to activate a pop-up window.
- Click anywhere in the linked “Register Now” text.
- Click the hyperlink manager icon from the editor menu.
- Add the new link to the URL field.
- Click OK.
- Click Save.
- Click Save Changes on the toolbar.
- On the toolbar, click Layout Edit and select Inline Edit to continue editing the page; or select View Mode to view the page.
- Be sure to click Save Changes on the toolbar if you make further edits to the page.
- When all edits are made, change the display setting of your event by clicking Content Properties. To make event appear on both the homepage and the full events calendar listing page, multi-select Event Homepage Listing and Event Listing. You can select Chapter listings, too. If event is private or limited to a select group, keep Events-No Display selected.